Sunday, July 29, 2012

Death in the family

Aunty Bacchi passed away on Thursday. I found out on Friday night on my way back home from work.
Jini said they cremated her that morning because they called and asked around about who was coming and everyone said no.So said. Made me think about how much of a life you live and then how you go.But I'm glad I went over to see her last month.She was in a really bad state it made me cry but as I look back now I could see it.She was breathing her last breath.She was fighting to stay alive. 
What an amazing woman!
She was living alone with nobody to take care of her.All her kids had abandoned her in that big house
Only the housegirl came in the mornings, left at midnight.
What a life! Man I wish there was another way I could have helped her.
I think I thought about her two weeks ago. I remember wondering did mummy go back as promised.
We get so caught up in our own lives we forget about the next person. The one beside us who is struggling, who is crying out for our attention.
Who is looking for hope. Who needs us to turn around and see them. We see someone has passed on and we think that placing things about them on Facebook will make everything better.
We turn around to see the next person struggling and we hope that the fact we thought of them will make everything better.
What has become of us.
Is it because of technology? Are we really filthy people with no time for anyone but ourselves?
Even sad now is she's gone, the family was already falling apart when she was alive, now they're going to split all side with her gone. Of her 9 or more children only 3 came. I weep and mourn her departure but I wish I had done more. I mourn her legacy. What will happen to her family now.
Father, I ask that you would comfort them through this sad time but most importantly I ask that your peace will rule and reign in their lives. As they prepare to clear off her things meet with them. Show them your way father. I remember that verse I read this morning and I stand on it today, for them and for me: O Lord; point out the road for me to follow.' Psalm 25:4
Good bye aunty, its sad to see you go but I know that you're not in pain anymore. RIP


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.