Thursday, October 18, 2012

For our God

Romans 8:28 says "All things work together for the good of them that love the Lord and are called according to his purpose."
That all things work together for our good. That if I love God that one sure thing I need to hold on to is that he works it out for our good. That it is all part of being called according to his purpose. I may not see the good. I may not see how it could work for our good but I have to trust that every single thing God allows because its all part of the big picture and every single that he allows it because he is working through it for our good. Where is the good, when is the good. I do not know but if he says it then I must believe it and that settles it. Everything else in between is all part of the process. I say process because I understand process from a programming perspective the process is the main part. Its where you make sense of every part. Once you have identified the process then you know which part goes where and what to do next. With God I may not see the process but I have to understand that its all part of the process. The big picture and then I only the small pieces, God the programmer knows what fits where and how it all gets put together. Me the product I have to wait for him and on him and trust that as the maker he knows what he's doing and only he can finish the product.
What about the part about being called for his purpose. What does being called according to his purpose mean. What is his purpose? What is his purpose for us? Are we living our lives according to his purpose? What are the chances of being called by him and yet not living according to his purpose?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.