Sunday, October 7, 2012

Bear the burden of

I've been such a hypocrite. Had a big deal and then today opened my devotional to find this:
“We who are strong ought to bear with the failings of the weak and not to please ourselves.” (Romans 15:1 NIV)
Whoa! yes my word for today. What does that mean? It basically means that I am such a doosh and a big hypocrite and so false I need a hiding as I like to say about people. So alright I'm foolish now what?
I swallow my pride, suck it in and go back and try to help my loved ones who need the help instead of constantly judging them criticising them and putting them down. I guess I needed to hear this and I need to do something about it. I need to be more understanding and more careful of my words. I need to not be judgemental or hasty. I need to be patient and forbearing of their burdens. I need to be praying more. Admit that I've got it wrong sometimes too. But I think the most important of all patient and loving and faithful in bearing of burdens.
I like this phrase and I've often tried it but I think I need to step it up a notch and not just to people who I choose to but with everyone and anyone:
When we see others straying from the faith, instead of judging them, we can look past their “faulty” appearance and try to understand the reason for their drift from the faith.
Lord teach me to address the needs and the concerns you reveal to me rather them condemning and cursing them to leave them trapped in their sin. As I release today. As I forgive and set free, deal with this for me as I hand it over to you. help them overcome by the word of the Lam and their testimony just like you overcame Jesus. So I guess like Paul and James I who am strong in courage need to take my courage to the weak. 
I think this is the eye opener: 
Gal 6:1Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted.
Gal 6:2 Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.
So first restore in meeknees and then bear burden of. Ok need to try that out and see how it works.
Romans 15:2 Please your neighbour for his edification and not yourself. 

We prepare ourselves to “lend a hand to those who falter, and not just do what is most convenient for us. Strength is for service, not status. Each one of us needs to look after the good of the people around us, asking ourselves, ‘How can I help?’” (Romans 15:1-2 MSG).

We encourage people to accept their individuality (be themselves) and yet reject individualism (living for themselves). Christ accepted us, and that encouraged us toward spiritual maturity; now we can reflect the heart of Jesus by offering acceptance to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.