This week the Waqanivalus celebrated the birth of a 3rd generation to take on the Waqanivalu name, 24 hours later a dear cousin was called to rest on the other side of town. This was how December started for us and this is how 2014 is ending for them. This year the people of Nabukalou have lost daddy, Ely and now uncle Sikeli. While we celebrate in the new generation our thoughts and prayers go out to the gang in Namadi and their families as they prepare to say bye to a father, brother momo, tavale. Goodbyes are always hard, ask me. Life stops, everything around you comes to a halt and then the realisation that you will never see him again, talk to him again. Touch his hands or feel his embrace again. While we rejoice that he has gone to Jesus that vacant space in our heart will never be filled no matter what only when we come before Jesus again. Sometimes I think that if Jesus does not come back in the next 40years I will be living 40years without daddy then the sudden realisation that could lose mum too. Then the sadness and thoughts about what I could have done better, was there anything that I could do. What if and slowly the solemn acceptance that Lord you are good and your mercy endures forever, thank you for your faithfulness help us find peace in you.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.