Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Swallowing my vomit

This week the very same people that I had cursed and condemned and swore I would ever have anything to do with I went bowing back to swallowing my pride and asking for their help. And they came through. And again coming through in a different situation. Do I still hold all that anger towards them? Can I think about them without thinking about what they had done? Have I still not forgiven them?
How did I get into this situation? Can I feel that lump in my throat? The heaviness in my heart? The bile coming into my mouth? Why would I still have that if I had prayed and forgiven them? I ask for forgiveness today. Please forgive me Lord as I forgive those who have sinned against me. Fill me with your love and cleanse me today. Like a dog going back to his vomit verse comes to mind. How does a dog return to his vomit? How disgusting! How low must the dog be to be returning to his vomit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.