Monday, April 8, 2013

Pork Mac & Cheese

After moving down to Lautoka my mac and cheese just couldn't seem to come out right. I remember making it in Suva and Jitoko loved it but when we moved here it became so pasty he probably wanted to throw it at me. Tried the mac and cheese last night with a little twist and wallah it came out perfect I packed it to bring to work for lunch this morning.
Follow the the same instructions in the box to make the mac i.e:

Boil 6 cups of water. 
Add mac
boil for 7-10 minutes or until the mac is soft.
Once the meat is ready add 1/2 cup butter (I only used quarter)
Add 1/4 cup milk
Don't add the cheese until everything else is ready.
Once the mac is ready add the cooked pork. 
This was so much nicer then the chicken but I think the bacon will also do. 
Stir through the mac
Make sure the pork is sliced very thinly, smaller then dice.
Fry then add the grated carrots, I started grating carrots so my son would eat them without making much of a fuss but I found the grated carrots really worked well with the mac and cheese because of the tiny size of the mac and the very thinly sliced pork.
Fry capsicum and and to mac and pork mix
Once everything is stirred nicely add the cheese and leave in oven for 5minutes or longer depending on how melted you prefer your cheese. 
Now that this was successful I intend to add mushrooms and broccoli or cauliflower depending on which one I can get my hands on. Wish I had my camera so that I could have taken pictures of it. We ate it with dalo and it was just delectable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.